Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Eczema or Skin Discoloration
alex3daerobatics posted:
Hi All, My first post on this forum. My child (21 months old) is being having Eczema for the past year. The symptoms were red marks (rash) on her arms, legs and joints. Our pediatrician started giving her prescription medicine, most of them being lotions. For the last 6 months her skin started to have white spots on the same areas she have the Eczema. Right now, she have skin discoloration (White) on her arms and legs. Her knees are probably where the worse is. Her skin looks dry and it somewhat itchy right now. I feel so bad for this happening to her and I don't know what to do. Right now we are giving her: HCCream 2.5% in Aquaphor Alpharma. We have been giving this to her for the last month or so. Results: It went away for a few days but then it comes back (like the rest of the 10 other lotions that we have)... I'm really worried about her skin discoloration. Last week I talked to my pediatrician secretary and she asked the pediatrician if there is anything for skin discoloration. She told me to buy Vitamin E and Cocoa butter. Do they work? We have been using it for the last few days and no improvement so far. Any recommendations for the Eczema and Skin Discoloration Are they related? Is the skin going to be regain her normal color? I'm going to call her pediatrician again on Monday. thanks, Alex

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Alex, Please realize that this is a support group board and that this board does not have a health professional answering questions on it. You may want to check out our Eczema Health Center to read more about this condition including various treatments used for this condition. You'll find a lot of helpful information in the Eczema Health Center. - Annie

sws150 responded:
Hello, I understand what it is like to have eczema and it does itch. I have been on numerous medicine creams and to many doctors. The only relief I have found is called Aveeno that states eczema on the tube. After 4 days my skin looks and feels great. I hope this helps.

Lndupuis responded:
Alex, I am now 25 years old, and I have been eczema-free since I was a teenager. however, during my childhood and adolescent years, I suffered from eczema on the backs of my knees and elbows. After bouts of of extreme itching, I lost skin color in these areas. This was very embarrassing, but it eventually disappeared. As I grew older, the eczema became less severe and I regained the skin color. I never had much luck with creams- only time. My mother also suffered from this during childhood. Lauren

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.