Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mollusca on my 7yr old - HELP
CrossB posted:
My 7yr old has a pretty severe case of mollusca under both armpits, on his neck beneath his chin and some on his back and shoulders. The dermatologist treated most of the affected areas with "beetle juice" yesterday and the spots/warts now look like big water blisters. He is extremely uncomfortable and in considerable pain. He got very little sleep last night due to the pain and uncomfort. Does anyone have any suggestions on relief? Can we put him in a cool, Aveeno oatmeal bath following the beetle juice treatment? We are just trying to make him comfortable and ease his pain. Also is he still contagious following the treatment? I certainly dont want my 10 yr old getting it. Are adults susceptible to mollusca? Thanks for any and all suggestions or help!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello CrossB and Welcome -

We have dealt with these pesky molluscum with our daughter also, fortunately she did not have much discomfort with hers and we opted to not get them treated. While waiting for additional response I wanted to pass along this information.

Click here to see a discussion with expert response from our Parenting Community which may be helpful.

Hope he feels better soon,
Elizabeth

pravksetty responded:
Can you please let me know how you have eased the pain for your kid. My kid is having the same problem. Your help is highly appreciated.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.