Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dry/itchy upper lip skin
smk81 posted:
For some time now, I have had a dry patch of skin between the lower part of my nose to my upper lip. When the weather changes so does its characteristics. During the winter, it will go away but become a nuisance once is starts to warm up. I have been using a hydrocortisone cream on it as well a Carmez on it for a couple years now but it simply will not go away. I become embarrased and self-conscious every time I leave my house in fear that my dry skin is hideous. I will be getting married next year and am afraid that

Is anyone out there dealing with the same thing??? If so, how do you manage it??? I welcome any suggestions!

Flummoxed responded:
I'll try again. cannot get to grip with modern electronics. I was sorry to see the passing of the vacuum tube!!

Ref. your dry upper lip and nose. I have had this problem for years and never found a permanent cure, but it can be controlled with Nizcreme. Put this on at night time only.

I think you will find, like me, that water exacerbates the condition and the whole area flares up. This is why it is worse in warm weather as you perspire more than in Winter.

I think that you will also have dry skin in your eyebrows and dandruff. All seems to be the same source.

Try using Head and Shoulders shampoo daily and Niz shampoo at least once a week and leave it (Niz) on for a good 5 minutes before rinsing.

I have never found a cure, just have lived with it for last 30 years.

Khoward123 responded:
I have the same problem and I live in the midwest. It flares up aat the end of the winter and says until the first part of summer. I also get it on my forehead. I use Aquaphor by Eucerin espically at night and it seems to help. Don't wash or scrub with harsh soap it will only make things worse.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Bedbug ProblemsExpert
Dear Readers, Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. They had all but disappeared through the 1970's and 1990's. Recently they have ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.