Skip to content
prescription acne treatment without dermatologist?
anna_bugz posted:
I have PCOS and a result am prone to foliculitus on my chin. About three years ago I went to a dermatologist for an all-over cancer screening and he prescribed a benzoil peroxide gel for my face. I have been using it every night ever since and it has helped my skin significantly. The problem is, my prescription ran out and when I called the office, it was no longer a dermatologist! I assume my doctor retired. I've been without my acne gel for weeks now and my skin is a mess. Do I have to search down a new dermatologist and wait for an appointment just to get a prescription for some acne gel? Is it possible my PCP would prescribe it without a visit? I have a bunch of other appointments in the near future and it's a pain to go in just for acne gel. The other problem is, I don't remember the name of the gel! I tossed out my last bottle not releasing my perscription had run out, so I can't ask my PCP for anything specific. Help!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anna_Bugz -

Click here for some thoughts on this frustrating problem.

Take Care,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.