Skip to content
Vet: seeking advice
Dorsetttb posted:
The frustration of dealing with the VA is starting to get to me. The act like any symptom is a figment of my imagination. My first instance was with a symptom they called a knee sprain, for a year. After a year of dealing with it I finally got an MRI and they determined that I no longer have an ACL. I was concerned that if caught early, maybe it could have been repair. I will never know.

My current documented problems are lack of an ACL in my right knee and Psoriasis on my scalp. Every appointment doctors play with my knee, say I am crazy, when I complain I joint pain. Then they look at my medical records and say " oh, you dont have an ACL ". As if I was making the pain up. Then I describe my other problems:
Stiff neck that has obvious loss of mobility
Stiff lower back
Feet swelling every morning
Stiff toes (when I move them up and down I feel resistance)
Calves are rock hard almost all the time when I am at rest
Lower part of Calves feel like there is constant strain
Constant pressure in the back and front of my head.
Random shoulder pains in both shoulders

Most of these pains feel like they are caused by the muscles in the area going rogue on me. I wake up every morning stiff. This last weekend I did not want to even walk but walking does help to some degree.

At this point I am pondering getting my medical records and getting a family doc. The final straw was when my VA doc was looking at my x-rays, I tried to show him pictures of swelling in my feet and he said and I quite " I cant diagnose problems from pictures ". I then responded with some expletives and how I thought x-rays were pictures. The VA gave me a 40% disability rating so when I schedule an appointment it is usually 30 days later so I have to just randomly luck into having the appropriate symptoms for the doc to see. These problems seem to happen in cycles, besides the every day neck, lower back, stiff joints issues.

I would appreciate any advice on what type of doc to see and what type of problems I may have, that way I can approach the doctor with what I believe is my actual problem(s).

Thanks,
Tony D

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.