Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP!!! Itchy red welts that wont stop!!! Now Boyfriend has some too!!!
Anon_15690 posted:
Ok... so I seriously have hives all over my arms and legs and now I have a few on my back and stomach!!! I went to my Doctor and he diagnosed me with urticaria (hives) and prescribed prednizone (1 week blister pack). Two days after startng the prednizone things were getting way worse so I decided to go the the ER because it was the weekend and my Doctor's office wasn't open. Again, I was told that it was sever Urticaria and was given a shot of steroids at the hospital and was also placed on Atarax. So I completely finished the steroid pack and I am still taking the Atarax but the freakin hives wont stop popping up all over the place!! Then today my boyfriend tells me that he has red itchy welts on his arms and legs when I called him today!! WTF?! If it's hives then why are they now popping up on my boyfriend?! I had an exterminator come to my house and check for bed bugs and there is nothing in my home at all!! It's not scabies either!! The Doctor ruled that one out also!! My kids constantly have contact with me and they don't have these welts!!! The welts resemble mosquito bites. They are very itchy and red and swell up!! I have sat here for hours on the freakin internet googling and found all kinds of people who have experienced my same exact situation, but never got any freakin aswers!!! I NEED HELP!!! I need to know what the heck is going on... I am about to lose my mind over this!!! Someone please help me or at least point me in the right direction!!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.