Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
excessive acne on back and shoulders
sibshah posted:
Hello doc! My question is regarding acne vulgaris and perhaps its different than most of the others because its not my face that I'm worried about but the rest of my body. I started having acne about 8-9 years ago when I was about 14 years old. It started off on my shoulders and back.I have had it on my face since I was 17 till 20 but its not bothering me much now because they tend not to appear on my face very often, But the lesions on my shoulders and back haven't stopped recurring ever since they started 9 years ago. At first I didn't care about it as I thought it'll go away on its own in a few years time but so far I haven't seen them to reduce in number and are leaving my shoulders and back heavily scarred which are causing me alot of embarrassment as I'm unable to take my shirt off infront of anyone and would stain my shirt with blood at times. Moreover they also affect my arms from below the elbow at times which also cause scarring. I have taken courses of antibiotics (minocycline,doxycycline,azithromycin) but havent been able to take a long course due to the side effects though I was very tolerant to azzithromycin but my doctor wasnt keen on using it for longer period. Could you please suggest how might I possibly be helped? Is it worth using oral Isotretinoin for? Thank you very much

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Bedbug ProblemsExpert
Dear Readers, Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. They had all but disappeared through the 1970's and 1990's. Recently they have ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.