Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BUGS BITING MY BUTT AND BY MY BREASTS
An_247259 posted:
I have lived in North Carolina for the last two years. I recently came back to live in Southern California. Ever since I have arrived here I have been getting bit by something unknown. It mainly bites my butt but also by my breasts and upper thigh. I have never been attacked like this before and I can't figure out what it is. They itch intensely and even after they are "healed" if I touch them they still it and won't really heal properly. I have washed everything I own. I have put flea medicine on my dogs multiple times and cleaned the carpet with flea stuff. I have also put bed bug protectors on my bed and pillows even though I have seen no signs of fleas or bed bugs. It mainly happens at night and my mother is also being bit. but not nearly as bad and she only got bit on two separate occasions. I have new ones popping up every day. I can't stand it anymore and no doctor that has looked at them can tell me what they are. Weirdly enough I feel as though something is crawling inside of my rectum. I have terrible anxiety and insomnia because of this at this point. I can't sleep because I feel things crawling on me that I can't seem to find. They are SO uncomfortable and SO itchy. I just want it to end and get my life back. Does anyone have any ideas?

ashlee2012 responded:
Hi, I just came across your post and I believe i have the exact same thing. I just moved here from Colorado and have these bumps/bites all over but primarily on the areas you described. What do yours look like? I have been trying to figure this out as it is driving me crazy!!

SummerMa replied to ashlee2012's response:
went to the doctorr and they said it was scabie mites. they are easily treated but sadly itls called the seven year itch. even when the mites are deadthe itch stays for a long time. also they are highly contageous.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.