Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Black Spots on Neck..Help
An_247368 posted:
Hello,

I have develop black scaly spots on the back of my neck which seem to be spreading. they are itchy and can be painful. I have scratched them before I knew what it was, which seemed to open the sores. My husband said they have gotten large. I now have scabs in the back of my neck. I made an appointment next week but have been reading articles about Melanoma and am concerned. I had a really bad sun burn a year ago and had a another one a few weeks ago. I have tried using Tea Tree Oil (Kinder) but it has not worked. The irritation has been with me for abut four weeks now. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear An,

With your history, it is important to get in and get checked.
In the meantime, I would suggest applying 15 hydrocortisone OINTMENT to help soothe and heal the lesions.

Please keep us posted.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.