Skip to content
Hair loss
9Grams posted:
My daughter-in-law had a baby 3 months ago and is now losing handfuls of hair. Would it be a good diagnosis to say that this will pass? Losing hair is part of body changes for women after experiencing child birth.

Take the Poll

Is there a treatment for this hair loss?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello 9Grams and Welcome -

Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your grandchild!

This resource explains not to be surprised if you loose more hair than normal during the first year after childbirth. This slideshow, Women's Hair Loss , discusses many reasons for hair loss. It states after pregnancy it may take up to two years for hair to return to normal.

For her to connect and see if other new moms are also experiencing this please repost with our Baby's First Year Community.

Take Care,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.