Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Shin Indention/Infection/Bruise
An_247536 posted:
I thought was a bruise I had had for about 2 months. I'm a 19 yo female btw. Well I ended up going to the doctor and as it turns out my liver is functioning abnormally (AST - 48 and ALT - 93). I've been sick on and off since January but have had some weird symptoms in the last month or two like headaches almost daily for the last month, chills frequently, I spent an entire night vomiting about a month ago, I've get what feels like a charlie horse for only a few seconds every few days, extremely fatigued and pain in my right shoulder blade area (I have other back pain but I also have scoliosis). When I saw the doc, she said the "bruise" was an infection and put me on antibiotics. Today is my last day of the medication but last night I gently scratched on the area that is red, tender to the touch, radiating heat (the "bruise") and it left an indention there on my shin. It's been about 10 hours so naturally I'm freaking out. Over the last week I've started to have pains in my right upper rib cage and in the area between my right breast and armpit. I've been trying to find out what's wrong and I've come across gallstones, pitting edema, c. difficile, pancreatitis, west nile virus, hematomas - any thoughts? I spoke to an on call RN about it and she said she didn't know and said to call the doctor but no one will be in until Tuesday. When all of this started they had just put me on birth control for poly cystic ovary syndrome, could that be a factor?? I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what this could be so I can call the doctor and ask about it. I scheduled my follow up for the 10th but should I go in sooner?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello Anon -

I am sorry to hear about what has been going on. Hopefully you have talked with the doctors office again and they have got you in to evaluate these symptoms, an exam and labwork.

Please print out what you have typed here. It is a good history for the doctor to review and address your concerns.

Hoping you find answers soon and please keep us posted about how you are doing,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Bedbug ProblemsExpert
Dear Readers, Bedbugs are making a comeback in the U.S. They had all but disappeared through the 1970's and 1990's. Recently they have ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.