Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Red Bikini Area
Anon_141150 posted:
Hello-
I am wondering if I should be concerned. My bikini area on my right side is red and peeling.. It hurts, especially when my underwear rub in that area.. When I look closely, it looks like there are red bumps on the side of bikini line. It's only on the one side and I have been having these symptoms for over a week. I had Molluscum 5+ years ago, however it doesn't look like Molluscum this time. Do you think this is just chafed skin or should I be more concerned. Herpes? Molluscum again? Can Molluscum re-appear without being re-infected by someone who has it?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.