Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extremely itchy bumps
studentA posted:
Earlier this summer both of my feet were covered in scattered red bumps. They looked and itched like bug bites. The itching became so unbearable especially at night when I would scratch my feet raw. My feet have been covered in scabs for weeks and I am constantly getting more itchy bumps mostly on my legs and now running up my leg. I have a cluster on my back and random ones on my arms. I even got one on my face but did not stay there for many days. My dad is a doctor and he thinks I am just hurting myself from scratching away at my feet but he does not understand I am unbearably itchy everywhere. My roommate has a few bites on her legs but that is recent and she was in the grass for a couple hours. We share a room and we both inspected our bare mattresses. We did not find any bed bugs as of right now. I have been thinking the past 2 months that mosquitos are attracted to me, but now I have no idea. I do everything I can to prevent from getting mosquito bites and I live in the city. Can a doctor test for the source of my itchy big bumps?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Thick skin and cracked
I had a patch of skin that was so thick I could not feel pain in it. The skin was also cracking and itchy. I tried something I don't ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.