Skip to content
Question about mysterious bump on throat
rldoty82 posted:
About a week ago, I got a small bump on the outside of my throat and someone thought I might have gotten a spider bite. I'm not sure when or where but it doesn't hurt but it is swollen and raised and it's visable when you look at me. Someone suggested going to the doctor and possibly having them lance it but I am very afraid of that since I don't have a high tolerance for pain. Do I need to go to the doctor or is it something to not worry about? I've been putting an ice pack on it and dipping a cotton ball with peroxcide and holding it up to the spot.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.