Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Peeling around eye
    An_245793 posted:
    About a month ago I noticed some peeling in the crease of my left eye. A week later I woke up with my whole eyelid swollen and red. The same day I had a pap smear and my doctor noticed that I was having some irritation from toilet paper. He also noticed my eye and said he thinks I have developed sensitive skin especially because earlier this summer I had an allergic reaction to tampons. So I switched to all clinique makeup. The swelling has gone down but I am still peeling and my eye lid is slightly droopy. It has now spread to under my left eye and I am now starting to notice peeling around my right eye. I am 26 and I have oily skin. My face never gets dry or peels. Until two months ago I had never had any allergic reactions. So I'm really confused as to what is going on. Any ideas.

fbinflor responded:
    I am 60 yo male my issue started with dry skin above right eye but has now spread to over and under both eyes. Dr said it was the skin disease that causes dandruff and prescribed Selsun Blue. After3 days not getting worse or better around eyes but now have itchy red skin on neck and thighs. Any advice?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Cure/Help for Perioral Dermatitis
    I have had Perioral Dermatitis since Feb 13, 2014. For four months I have been going crazy trying to manage it and make it go away. I've ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.