Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Raised, itchy, oddly-shaped bumps on rear-end
Graybeardsghost posted:
I have a rather complicated situation going on on my behind. I have several raised, at times very itchy, raised red bumps and more than a dozen, smaller red bumps. The larger bumps are oddly shaped, the largest is the shape of a nike "swoosh" is about 2-3 inches long, a quarter inch wide, and is slightly higher around the edges. There are another couple raised areas that are between a quarter and a half dollar, and then a whole bunch of smaller red bumps, all concentrated on my butt-cheeks. It has been bothering me for a little more than a week, and I went swimming in a creek a few days before that and the water wasn't moving that fast in some places. I had something similar when I was a young teen, about 15 years ago. I got some kind of parasite from swimming in water where geese had been defecating. At the time, it just looked like I had a bunch of regular pimples on my butt. I was prescribed a solution of salicylic acid and told to keep the area dry. This worked over time. In the intervening years, I have had several episodes of minor come-backs of this rash, but none to rival this, and this is the first time that anything of an odd shape has appeared. I have talcum-powder with salicylic acid that I have been using on it that past couple days and it doesn't seem to have done much. I can provide pictures if necessary. Is it fungal, parasitical, bacterial? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.