Skip to content
whiteheads that don't go away
moojoe27 posted:
I am 31 years old, and for the last 9 or so years I've had a million "bumps" on my face. Mostly on my forehead and my chin area. I have tried every OTC product, went to the dermatologist and he gave me a product that literally burned the skin off my face. I did this for 6 months and felt like i was rubbing acid on my face every time. I was so embarrassed from it, I stopped using it and never went back to the dr. I can't say that I have pimples, because its just a whitehead of sorts, but there are times that I get zits that are unbareable and annoying. I have read all the posts that pertain to my condition, but I am still at a loss as to what to do. I'm 31!!!! I stress over this daily, because it has affected my self esteem and every other aspect of my life. I feel at times that I have let myself go simply because of this one condition. I would love to get this under control for the new year so I can concentrate and fully devote my time to what really matters!

If anyone has the same problem, or knows anyone that has it, please post!!! I know i'm not the only one out there with this, and I would trully love some help and guidance.

barunknaToTheRescuEE responded:
whitheads containt puss and infected material.whait till the puss comes to the surface.youll see a little whit spot in the middle .using a long thumb fingernail pop the pimple from the bottom forcing the material up and out of ypur pores.if it doesent work use a pore peel tryBIORE PORE STRIPS,orBYE BYE BLEMISH ACNE PORE PEEL.its kinda like getting a wax job but much gentler .u could have oily skin so wash your face 3times aday.use a oil restricting cleansertryGOODSKINOIL INHIBITING FOAMING CLEANERavailable at kholes in beauthy dept. : with cafe from baruknaToTheRescuEE

Bluzra responded:
Last year I was having a lot of break outs, at age 32. I have very sensitive skin as far as the products I can use, several will cause little bumps all over. So, because of this I search for the right product all the time. I started using Oil of Olay on my face and for the first couple weeks I broke out really bad but after using it for several weeks it stopped. However, if I change the facial wash I break out again, even if it is just another kind of Oil of Olay, until using it for several weeks. So far I had the least problems with the definity luminosity facial cleanser. I also use the definity lotion...I put it on right after getting out of the shower before any other chemicals get on my hands. I also noticed that if I got any other shampoo, conditioner, or body wash on my face in the shower I would break out -- I don't know if that is why but I try to make sure nothing else gets on my face. I also wash my face at night before going to bed to clean off make-up or oils from that day. I don't know if this will help you, but it may just be a sensitivity or skin needs time to get used to the product. I don't know how often you switch cleansers, but, I would always switch as soon as I noticed I was breaking out...until I paid for the Oil of Olay and decided I would use it all before switching since I had paid so much for it. Now I will not use anything else. I hope this is a little helpful.

healthyisbest1 responded:
I would NOT reccomend the 'pop the pimple' method as it can lead to permanent scarring.

I would try Almay clear complexion make -up. It has the sacylic acid in and has worked for our family to dry up and get rid of acne.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.