Includes Expert Content
hair loss only facial
An_248079 posted:
My son is 27 and all of a sudden has hair loss patches on his chin? Stared with one and now hes up to 3. What could this be?
Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
It may be a condition called alopecia areata -- a derm can help with topical and small shots to help stimulate the hair growth.
brownk responded:
I have alopecia areata on my head. About 15 years ago, a dermatologist would give me shots with steroids to stimulate growth. Now (a year ago), they tell me to use Rogain (OTC) and it contains the same meds as the shots.