Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Itchy red raised bumps on my 2 1/2 year old daughter
NicholeMom posted:
My 2 1/2 year old daughter is having these red blotchy raised bumps randomly all over her body. She had it all over her arms one day, on her legs another and all over her face also witch really scared me. First it happened around 5 months ago and would happen every other month or so. The past week it's been happening everyday. When I give her Benadryl they go away almost right away. I have also noticed it happened when she hot or in a stressful situations. I've tried to narrow down what she's been eating after it happened but its still happened with all different food. I think she's way to young to get tested for food allergies. I need help!! Stressed out beyond belief!

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Mom

As a mother, I understand your stess.

It does sound like she is having hives. The thing to worry about w hives is throat swelling or any respiratory symptom -- if there is none, the hives are MUCH less concerning.

I would set up an appointment with your pediatrician. He or she will review the most common foods that cause hives in kids and will help you narrow down the causes.

I hope that helps:)

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.