Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
LUMPS ALL OVER MY ABDOMEN
doxielover10 posted:
About a year ago I had a lump on my nose. I went to the Dermatologist and he insisted we do a biopsy, which we did.

About a week later, the Doctor called me and said the biopsy was incredible. He said the biopsy indicated I had Sarcoidosis, he said he did not believe it so he ran it again, still Sarcoidosis. I went that day for a chest x-ray which was perfect.

A couple of months later I had to have surgery at MD Anderson Hospital on a gland in my neck. I told the doctor about the Sarcoidosis and he laughed and said NO WAY. Since that time, my stomach is covered with small lumps and the area under my breasts is now developing the lumps, they look like small tumors. What should I do ?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Doxie,

Sarcoidosis is a multi-system disorder. These bumps on your abdomen may be consistent-- I would return to the derm that diagnosed you initially.

There are great meds that can be given to reduce new sarcoid lesions.

Most importantly, your lungs need to be regularly monitored in order to make sure that you do not develop pulmonary sarcoid.

I hope that helps

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.