Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Cluster of blisters on bottom of foot
TanyaBrown posted:
My 13 year old son just came to me and said his foot hurt. When I look at the bottom of it, there is this "cluster" of blisters on the bottom of his foot. They kind of don't even look like blisters because they look yellow and not fluid filled.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Tanya,

There are several possibilities for this blistering eruption and great resources to learn more about these skin conditions on WebMD.

The list includes:
-dyshidrotic eczema
-an inflamed fungal infection
-a contact dermatitis
-less likely, a herpes virus infection

I would see the pediatrician or your dermatologist in the am and in the meantime, you can treat the area with a dilute vinegar soak (1/4 part white vinegar to 3/4 part warm water) which is anti-infective and anti-inflammatory. You can also apply vaseline and keep the area covered.

I hope that helps

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.