Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

sore and no new skin replaced/ Micro Bacteria ?
    An_248284 posted:
    I had a small bump come up on cheek bone area, then it turned into sore, then it blacked and sunk in. It was getting bigger and bigger then I realized It wasnt just one place, There were more bumps coming up around it and spreading. Now there are bumps a 1/4 of an inch away. It started about 1 and 1/2 to 2 months ago and I am scared to death. There is no new skin. It just sinks and turns blackened. My face is swollen on one side. I have been to Advanced Dermatology and now he sent me to W. GA Infectious Desease Center. They are working together on it now. They have taken now 5 biopsy's and 2 came back neg. Now they say others could take up to a month. Checking Micro Bacteria stuff. I am on Clarithromyc 500 MG and an antibiotic ointment and 600 mg Calcium and 5000 IU Vitimin D3. Is anyone out their that has had something similar? It's eating my skin and not replacing it. Help........

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

New to Acne or is it even acne?
    I'm 19 years old. I have never had acne a day in my life. ever. ever ever ever ever. In the past month or less, I have developed small ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.