Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
reoccurring rash
Lguarini posted:
I am writing for my mother. She has this reoccurring rash coming up all over her body in random spots. They look kind of like a bug bite/ blister. She can pop them and water comes out and then it turns to a scab. They itch her like crazy and have been keeping her up at night. A dermatologist told her it was just from stress but I don't think it can be and it is causing her so much discomfort. Also, no one else in our house has gotten this so I am not sure if it can be anything contagious. Any ideas of what this could be? She has tried benedryl and benedryl cream and nothing seems to be helping.
I have a picture.. but am not sure how to upload it on here?

countrytwirler responded:
wow, I have the same thing off and on for the past 2 years. They could never test it because by the time the first blister starts and the doctor gets an appointment for me - then the blisters aren't active. But this time the blisters are coming with a vegenance all over my body - starts on my hands, elbows, top of my toes, now my waist line. I try to stay clean but it doesnt matter. I finally have a doctor appointment today. I hoe they can finally get a good active one that they can pull the fluid out of to test. I will let you know what I find out. I know mine first starts to itch and hurt at the same time. Then when the blisters are full of liquid (like water) busts it really hurts. Right now they are all over the back of my hands and now they are even creating blood blisters under my hands as well and on my elbows. I can hardly bend my hands for the pain. This is the worse its ever been. Its almost like a rash with blisters and nothing I do (even alcohol) stops it.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Lguarini -

I'm sorry to hear your mom is experiencing this. Before posting a picture take a look at these slideshows -

Adult Skin Problems Slideshow
Precancerous Skin Lesions and Skin Cancer Slideshow

Does anything look familiar?

To copy or post a picture, photo or image first upload the pic to a service like PhotoBucket or Flickr and then link it with the URL.
Use the camera icon at the top of the reply box to link the URL.

To protect your privacy, be careful when registering with photo upload services. Do not use your name as the user name. When clicking on the photo and Properties your user name may show.

Also, if you try to link images from Facebook, these are automatically blocked, because members clicking on your images would have access to your Facebook profile.

Hope this is helpful,
Elizabeth

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to countrytwirler's response:
Hi Countrytwirler -

Checking in to see what you found out from the doctor.

Please give us an update.

Elizabeth

PS - Love your screen name. Do you dance?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.