Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
anyone have any ideas??
witsend posted:
okay I am at my wits end. I have had reoccurring episodes of shingles for the past 7 yrs. i am currnetly taking an antiviral which has stopped the actual blisters from appearing howevr with episode i suffer from extreme fatigue, and the feeling I am coming down with something like the flu, aching, headache diareha, stomach nasuea, swollen glands etc. there is barely 3 weeks between episodes. what should I do my doctor seems lost and i cannot recieve the vaccine ( if it would even work) as I am currently on medication for shingles and if I go off i immediatly brakeout with a rash and never really recover long enough

Help

Take the Poll

how many others have the additional symptoms headache, fatigue, etc
  • always
  • sometimes
  • never
vote
View Poll Results

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Witsend

I have had a few patients in my career who had strains of herpes or shingles that are resistant to certain anti-virals.

I would suggest that you see a derm for a biopsy as well as viral culture and susceptibility.

You may be incompletely treated currently and may resolve completely with the proper treatment.

I hope that helps

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.