Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Fingernail Infections
An_248378 posted:
My boyfriend is having a problem getting a correct diagnosis for an infection around his fingernails. Every dermatologist has a different diagnosis from periungal warts to psoriasis. I would like to attach a few pictures in hopes that someone can have maybe a guess on what is causing his skin/nail problems, and if it is contagious. I'm scared to hold his hand and it is affecting our relationship.

Please Help!

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear An,

Ask your derm for a small skin biopsy (and then ask him/ her to show you the results, in writing!). That will give you a 100% answer.

In my office, we always give our patients a copy of their biopsy results in writing (if the patient desires). It is your right

I hope that helps

laroc2012 responded:
Seems like a good idea. I think he might be open to the idea. Wish us luck and I will report back if possible on here.

Thank you!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.