Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
May I have a brazilian waxing in my situation?
airair posted:
I have seborrhoeic dermatitis on my vulva (small area, like the size of nail), which is not always there, but comes and goes. It's not serious, just presents every two months and then disapears in two days after I put "hydrocortison butyrate cream" on it. Now I want to have a "brazilian waxing" (all-hair-off waxing on bikini part). So I wander if it is ok for me?

airair responded:
Could anyone give me some suggestion?
Thanks much,
airair

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Airair -

Unfortunately I could not find any information specific to waxing and seborrhoeic dermatitis.

Please contact a few different dermatologists or laser providers in your area if they have ever treated anyone with this condition and find out their experience.

For more information -
Laser Hair Removal
Best Options for Hair Removal

Be sure to check back in to let us know what you find out. Sharing your experience will really help others in this community.

Hoping you find answers soon,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Got Eczema or Roseaca? caring help is on the way-.... heres a tip for you!
LIMU (Gentle seaweed cleanser) for men and Women and safe for kids too! remove eye makeup and shave with this popular daily cleanser from ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.