Skip to content
Skin rash - itching then scabs over
chrisb3127 posted:
Hi,
For a few months now, I've been getting a rash mostly on my legs and feet. It'll start out by itching, then after a day or two, the spot will no longer itch, but will form a scab, and my legs look really bad. Once, it presented itself in the form of itchy blisters. (Pic #2 below) I went to my doctor who referred me out to a dermo. So far, the dermo doesn't know what it is. He said it sounds like a bite of some sort. He gave me perscription steroid cream to apply to my legs. Now, the rash is starting to spread to my lower back/waist line and arms. I don't know what to do. We do have 2 cats, and I am curious if it could be a reaction to them. I'm curious if anyone had a similar problem. I'll be calling him this week to go for a follow-up.

Pictures of my leg:
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/9083/leg1x.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img202/4305/img1472o.jpg

Thanks in advance for any tips/advice!

zalgmil responded:
Hi, I have had a similar rash for the past year and a half. I've had multiple tests done and seen multiple MDs with no luck. The rash and itching did start to clear up after a course of oral steroids but came back 6 months later and is even worse now.

Have you had any luck in diagnosing this?

chrisb3127 replied to zalgmil's response:
Not yet, I'm using Triamcinolone cream which seems to help, and have an appointment Friday with the dermo. The rash is no longer just on my legs, it moved to my waist, stomach, and upper arms. I wonder if its the cats in the house causing it, because when I'm not at home, I don't really itch much at all. Hopefully I'll have some answers on Friday, it's really frustrating to have this going on for months.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.