Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Please help
Shaista posted:
I have been getting these lumps all over my thighs, knees and hands. It starts of really small but then they become itchy and start expanding. Also alot of little lumps appear around it. It becomes so unbearable and sometimes I feel like taking a blade and scratching myself. I don't know whether its an allergic reaction to food because sometimes they appear without me even eating anything. Most of the time they appear just after I come out of the shower.
Please help, you are my last hope.

Take the Poll

What is the name of the first cat I had
  • Twinkle
  • Zoe
vote
View Poll Results

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Shaista,

This could be a condition called aquagenic urticaria (hives induced by water) or even hives induced by warm water.

Given the severity of the rash, you should make an appt with your allergy doctor for testing and treatment. In the meantime, claritin/ allegra/ or zyrtec 1 hour before a warm shower may help.

I hope that helps

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Eczema - Part IExpert
Dear Readers, Of all the skin conditions I see, the most frustrating for both me and my patients has to be eczema. The most common form ... More
Was this Helpful?
23 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.