Skip to content
extremely itchy rash
An_248545 posted:
I've had this rash for several months now. At first my doctor said it was an allergic reaction but after it still kept coming back she now says it's eczema. I've looked at pictures of eczema online and none really look like what I have. I'm 23 and never had skin problems before, I didn't even have acne as a teenager. It is extremely itchy. I remember chicken pox as a child and this feels even worse. The rash isn't always there but it usually appears daily- sometimes it's on my back, other times on my chests/arms/legs and it's started to come on my face. It will go away with Benadryl but comes back after the medicine wears off. I've changed my laundry detergent, soap etc and I havent been able to find out anything consistent that seems to trigger it, sometimes it appears when I'm home, at work etc. The picture isn't great but usually there's these red streaks and "welp" like marks with the rash.

suemont responded:
I have the same problem, went to a dermatolagist and did blood test, it's an autoammune disease...Lupus, rhuematoid arthritis, unfortunately they want to do a lot more blood test to determine which and what type, can't afford so not sure what to do next, Test cost upwards of $2,000 which my insurance doesn't cover. I've been using Bold Bond anti itch, helps some, as does corizone. hope this helps you a little.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.