Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
red itchy bumps
Blakearoo posted:
4 days ago i was cutting bushes just a one day thing. Im always carful and look for poison oak and things like that when im out in woodsy area's but i did not see any here and that includes poison ivy and sumac too. so i kept cutting and when i got done that day and was ready to leave i noticed my arms were red and burning like inflammation or something. the next day there were just a few small red itchy bumps on my arm smome scattered and some in such a straight line you would think it was a scratch until you looked closer and saw the little red bumps. the next day after that...more red bumbs spreading on both arms i note that some of the bumps are rather larger and some smaller and one particular bump i cant tell if its one big bump or alot of bumps i can say is the worst and my skin is hard and leathery where that particular bump is. im going to the doctor tommrow and will post what i find out. my opinion is that its got to have come from the bushes i noted that the bushes did have vines and just "wild" plants growing up it but i did not see the charactoristics of poison ivy anywhere..but i could be wrong. anything anybody knows on the subject please tell the spots are very itchy but i have not itched them when they itch i simply put some calamine lotion on them but they're spreading anyway

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.