Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Boils
An_248604 posted:
I am 22 years old, female, living in Kansas... In the last year I've had issues with boils popping up around my very private area, which is the most uncomfortable spot to get them.
The only health service I can get are through Indian Health Services & the doctor I saw about this issue is a pediatrician, so I already knew she didn't know much about the topic.
She gave me ointment that is supposed to heal the boils, but only seems to make them bigger & hurt a lot more; and she also gave me pills to take for ten days (which I didn't take because they were way to big; horse pills, and I have issues taking pills as it is)
My only wish is that they would have popped up on any other part of my body. If anyone can tell me how to prevent them quickly, and little pain, I would greatly appreciate it!

Take the Poll

How can you prevent boils on a woman's bikini line? Without pills...
  • Boil Prevention
  • Boil Treatment
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.