Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Under-Eye Lines and Puffiness
JudyAZ posted:
I'm a 61-yeal old female in Arizona. I've always avoided the sun and frequently receive compliments on the youthful appearance of my complexion... most people think I'm actually in my early 40s. Recently, I've been affected with puffiness under my eyes, and within the "puffed" skin I often see deep lines. This condition seemed to develop almost overnight... nothing gradual about it at all. At first, I thought it might be the result of a new allergy. I also had a mild pain in my eyes... like you might experience when you have a fever. My pharmacist/girlfriend recommended Claritin and 1% clotrimazole and 1% cortizone creams mixed together in a 1:1 ratio. The Claritin seemed to eliminate the pain as I no longer have it, but the puffiness and lines have only subsided slightly. I've been on this regimen for more than 2 weeks. My husband thinks stress is the cause of this as well as the fact that I rarely have a night of uninterrupted sleep. I admit that I have never handled stress well nor have I ever been a truly restful sleeper, but these issues have never resulted in the physical manifestation I'm experiencing now. I'm not inclined to believe this has that much to do with age since it seemed to occur so suddenly. All my eye cosmetics are hypo-allergenic. I have not changed detergents or any other product that comes in contact with my face or eyes. This is driving me nuts! Can anybody offer a solution or remedy? Thanks!

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.