Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anal Itch - Raised rash, discharge, inflammation
Annoyedanus posted:
For years, I've been battling this anal itch that's accompanied by a rash (red lumps on skin and/or tiny cysts close to anal opening), inflamed/swollen anus, and a persistant discharge from the skin near the anal opening. The discharge is clear, sticky, and it smells bitter and metallic. The discharge seems like sweat to me, and it usually only occurs at night or when I haven't bathed for more than 24 hrs (not always a shower around when I need one), but it is very persistant, almost like it's pouring out when it starts going. The discharge appears clear on my finger, but when it dries, there is a very noticeable odor, sheen, and almost silky feel. Often, the condtion is accompanied by raised bumps/lines of itchy rash curved on one side of the anus, or up the middle of the crack. I've noticed that when I drink wine or alcohol, the condition is worse, but I rarely consume any other sugars or products with gluten. I'm athletic, work out and run 5 days a week. I am 5'11'', 195lbs and heterosexual. I guess I've been somewhat embarrassed, which is why I haven't seen a doctor yet. Currently using Anti-fungus creams, Gold Bond and some other non-oil based itch relief creams, but none of them seem to completely cure me of this or provide even provide much immediate relief... Please help...

kiki7zen responded:
Dr Oz just had this solution on TV the other day.
Use a wet wipe with witch hazel when you wipe your rear and it will clear up.

DavidB4 responded:
Itching and pain be gone! I found a solution to Anal Itch in the Bathroom Bidet Sprayers they use in Thailand. Every doctor will tell you that you need to clean but the key is you need to do it without irritating the skin. Difficult to accomplish when you have an itch that is just begging to be scratched. But cleaning with a water spray does just that and it is easy, convenient and no one need know what you are using it for. Toilet paper irritates the skin and the more you rub, the more you itch. I bought mine at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com and installed it myself.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.