Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Delayed allergic reaction and Alopecia Areata?
An_248774 posted:
Hi, I used to break out in hives after alcohol consumption and had to rely on antihistamines to get rid of the symptoms. Recently, I stopped having rashes or hives and have no visible allergic symptoms. That was a week ago. Just today, I discovered a small totally bald spot on my head that wasn't there before.

I've got two questions I hope you guys can shed some light on:
1) Is it possible to grow out of my allergy, or is my lack of an allergic reaction signify something else? (liver issues/delayed allergic reaction etc?)

2) I highly suspect that my AA is due to my allergic reaction. Will it grow back if I stop my alcohol consumption?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.