Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Pin size cluster of dots, not raised --blotchy!
An_248779 posted:

What is the effin christ are these, they did not respond to cortisone creams or anything. They seem to be pin head dots randomly, I have had them on/off for two years. they usually fade these ones did not. Recently they appeared in my lower arms, under arms, chest and all over my legs (in the lower region too), just blotches of flat red dots. Yes I tried the walk in clinics and I get blown off as usual since im 22 years old and doctors seem to treat my age group like garbage.

Been to the walk in clinic 3 times/3 different docs and been kicked out of the room in 3-5 mins--dont trust doctors anymore since they kept trying to shove anti depressants down my throat when I had pericarditis and almost died in the name of malpractice.

save mehhhh! lol

wthisthiscrap responded:
No one, really? even with pictures....

treadingwater replied to wthisthiscrap's response:
Do they itch or hurt? Are they scaly or dry? I've been searching for you, but haven't quite found anything just yet.

wthisthiscrap replied to treadingwater's response:
not itchy dry or scaly, they have radiated around my body even to my feet. STAT Bloodwork came back normal im assuming since i received no phone call.

wthisthiscrap replied to treadingwater's response:
I also searched the internet high and low suggesting anything from petechia to an allergic reaction, but nothing of the sort. guess they have not gone away in three months now.

AhEm1234 responded:
I'm dealing with the same issue... I've had one appointment with a hematologist and about 15 vials of blood taken for testing, including a Hepatitis series. I have a follow-up appointment with my hematologist on Monday and am hoping she can tell me what is going on.

My little clusters of red dots began about 8 months ago on the right side of my right knee and have slowly progressed to random areas on both my legs and thighs, not quite as large of clusters as yours, but more smaller clusters... today, I noticed a hint of them beginning on the inside of my forearms.

If she happens to provide any treatment I'll be sure to pass the info along.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD replied to AhEm1234's response:
Dear AhEm,

Have you had a skin biopsy of the lesions to characterize precisely what they are? This may give your hematologist a more precise differential to work with.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.