Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Cluster of small blisters on my 4 year old for about 2 months now...
kelseyab1 posted:
Hello, My daughter is about to turn 4. She has had groups of clustered bblisters on her body. The cluster is only about less than 1/2 an inch in ddiameter, but there will be about 20-30 on her body at a time.

Most are on her trunk (chest AND back) some on her arms near her armpit and forearm and on her legs. she has a couple on her butt cheeks. None on the soles of her hands or soles of her feet but on top of both.

They do NOT itch. They are small clustered blisters that do not ooze, but are light pale colored to some being light pink or a red color.

The first 'batch' of these came and stayed for about 1 1/2 months then, slowly faded.
While they faded new ones starting popping up but a higher count of them. I'd say there are about 20 JUST on her back. They do not look like chicken pox, as they dont itch, they dont crust over or ooze or anything.

Any ideas please?

My father in law is a homeopathic doctor and he briefly looked at them (although my daughter wouldnt stop running around it was hard to look at them) and he said it looked fungal.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Kelseyab1,

The most common condition that would affect a 4 year old with this description of skin lesions is something called molluscum contagiosum.
Molluscum is a viral infection and very common in young children.
Often, it just resolves on its own without treatment. If it bothers your daughter, many pediatricians and almost all dermatologists treat molluscum with a variety of effective treatments.

I hope that helps

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

noseeums - no-see-ums
I have suffered with the noseeums. DEET works and there is some information about prevention at www.http://noseeums.org/ More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.