Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
difficult to see itchy bumps in groin area
herfyguy posted:
Hi,

I have bumps, some white, mostly only noticeable when the skin is pulled tight on my penis and scrotum. They tend to be mainly located where there is more pubic hair growing at the base of the penis and testicles. I can definitely say the hair follicles at the base are more noticeable than usual. It's mildly irritating similar to the itch you get if you trim your pubic hair. Also, I've noticed it doesn't necessarily bother me until I'm walking and being active. This is a new development, which I find kind of odd. Is there something where hair follicles just get clogged up and itch?

I'm 24 and Sexually active (mostly safe with condoms). I'm concerned it may be an STD (Genital Warts?), although it doesn't seem to match any descriptions or pictures. Any thoughts, opinions, tips would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Herfyguy -

I'm sorry to hear about this and since it is concerning you please see your doctor to have the area evaluated.

In the meantime, here are a couple of resources to check out -

Bumps on Scrotum: What are they? - Video
Jock Itch Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments

Be sure to check back in to let us know what you find out. Sharing your experience will really help others in this community.

Hoping you find answers soon,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.