Skip to content
low platelets, enlarged spleen
Jonzig posted:
My 52 year old brother was in prison for a while. After he got out, he became ill. His skin around his groin turned Indian red and all skin shed off after about two weeks or so.
He ended up in the hospital and they discovered his spleen was retaining 2 or more leaders of blood. They told him this could account for his chronic low platelet count, about 40K. It has been slowly dropping over a 6 year period. After he got home from the Hospital, he broke out all over his body and completely peeled, over a two week period. His skin has been clear for about 5 days. My question is, are there any parasites that could cause these type of symptoms? Could you name them for me? He has Hep-C but his liver is very healthy say the doctors. Thank you

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Avoid drinking margaritas in the sun!Expert
One of the most common things that we see in the office in the summer and after winter vacations are burns from people having lime juice ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.