Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Red bumps, itchy, cyclical, slow spreading
    Jutawan posted:
    I have small bumps mainly on my upper back. Itchy, cyclically get crusty and cyclically backs off. A bit red. Has moved to my chest and upper arms and back of hands - on hands I thought was a result of using too much chemical soap and hand washing clothes. A friend suggested what I think is calamine and it's helped all but the oldest (3 + years) although it's getting better. After 2 weeks, only the back area remains active, although I haven't stopped calamine to see if it returns.. Another friend suggested parasites - after research, I don't think that's it because after 3 years parasites would be all over me - and my husband hasn't gotten it. Suggesting I go to a Dr won't be effective because I live in Indonesia and great, effetive doctors are hard to find. Anyone with ideas or other links would be very appreciated.
    Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
    Dear Jutawan,

    Given that you have had the eruption for so long, it is in your best interest to see a dermatologist. Typically, this may be in the eczema/ sensitive skin family. However, living in Indonesia, you are exposed to different bacterial and fungal infections. A small skin biopsy is not difficult to interpret and will give you a 100% answer and hopefully some relief.

    If you need a good dermatologist, go to the University. You will undoubtedly receive the best care.

    I hope that helps

    Featuring Experts

    Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

    Helpful Tips

    Treatment for StingsExpert
    Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 7 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.