Skip to content
Really bad pimple
HippieGothGypsy posted:
I have really bad acne, because I have PCOS. I'm use to cystic acne, and acne that bruises and is painful to touch.

The other day, I had an itch, right on top of a really bad pimple. So I scratched. It wasn't hard, but it was enough to make it errupt a little. So I went to the bathroom and squeezed. It hurt. A lot. And a lot came out of it. I thought nothing of it, and let it alone. Didn't touch it. Didn't poke at it. When I washed my face I was very careful not to put pressure on it.

Well yesterday it came to a head again. And I popped it. It was very close to the surface and I didn't want it popping in my sleep and getting on my cat who sleeps with me (its happened before and he got an eye infection from it!) I barely put pressure on it, and the core came flying out. It was nasty and messy... I felt several pops as it came out... Like four of them... And it bled. A lot. I mean a lot a lot. to the point where I had to put a bandaid on it.

I changed the bandaid this morning because it was looking like it needed it. I took the bandaid off and it was still bleeding. Not as bad as the night before, but enough for me to have to put another bandage on it. I had to change that one after about 15 hours, because one edge of it came up. When I did, I felt blood ooze down my face. It does look like its attempting to clot, but its not having much luck. I put a bandage on it. This time without any antibiotic ointments or anything. The hole is like a small crater. I mean its otherwise acting like a normal popped pimple. Aside from it continuing to bleed. I'm afraid I broke a blood vessel under the skin or something. I've never had this issue before... I don't have insurance or the money to have it cauterized... Is there anything else i can do at home, other than keeping it covered?

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.