Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Red splotch on my arm that is white around it.
bailey08 posted:
Friday last week I noticed a pimple looking bumping my arm that itched. I was worried it might be the start of ringworm so I put some antifungal cream on it and forgot all about it. Sunday I woke up and when I got out if the shower I noticed the red splotch where the bump had been. It didn't itch anymore. It had a red dot in the middle. I put some more of the antifungal cream on it bc i still thought it might be ringworm. Everyday it will look better when I wake up and then when I get in the shower it turns bright red again. Today I noticed it has a white ring around it now. Any ideas of what it is? I'm wondering if it is a spider bite possibly.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.