Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic Fingertip Skin Peeling, 2 years
AnonSkin posted:
Hello, I have had this issue for close to, if not, 2 years now. I have an issue with the skin on my fingertips peeling to where it is burning and the skin around it feels hard. There is no discoloration other than it being red from underlying layer of skin.

It started initially at the tip of my index finger and then a few months later the tip of my middle finger has started to peel. I thought it could have been due to me sticking my hand down the sink to take old food out as our disposer does not work. About a year ago, my ring and little fingertips have started to peel the same as well, and just recently the tip of my thumb is also starting to peel.

I've tried skin creams, hydrocortisones, triple antibacterial creams, and now using a vitamin E cream, but none of them are helping. It relieves the pain temporarily, but the problem is not resolved.

I do not have any medical insurance and cannot afford a doctor's visit, so I'm looking for a home remedy if possible. It is only on one hand. It does not seem to be contagious as it does not affect anything or anyone I touch, but it is very sore.

If anyone can offer any advice or help, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

AnonSkin responded:
I also want to add I have used eczema creams as well to no avail.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

psoriasis tips
I have put up with psoriasis for decades. Nasty drugs like embrel will have dramatic results but at a huge cost to both your body and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.