Skip to content
A question about things doctors ask patients
An_249310 posted:
I've been to see a dermatologist for some skin like boils/abscesses I've been dealing with for some time now. I was just curious, is it the status quo for them to ask if you've picked at the wounds, or only when it's something they suspect you've done? I'm kind of a germophobe so I don't do anything but try to keep them clean. I was caught offguard by the question because it's not the first time he's seen me, or asked me this, and I said no last time, too. I ripped some of the gauze the other day when it was stuck to me, so maybe that's what sparked the question. But it made me wonder in general if that's a routine question, or not. I feel like I'm at the dentist being asked about flossing, lol.
Thanks

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful