Upper Lip Problems (rash, redness).
An_249329 posted:
Hello, for the last 6 months I've had a recurring rash, or redness on my upper lip. It is only in the cupids bow area. It started just one week after I moved into a new apartment. When it first began, I noticed that four pores began to enlarge on my cupids bow, just on the line between my upper lip and mustache. They were spaced out evenly. Then a couple days later my cupids bow got red and slightly inflamed. When I looked closely in the mirror, each of the 4 enlarged pores was the center of a white spot that was about 2 millimeters wide. Then around that spot is redness, and the entire cupids bow was inflamed.

The rash went away after about 2 weeks, but it has returned every month or so (I think it's triggered by stress). Each time it take a little bit longer to clear up. Each time I still see the same faint white circles under my skin that are centered on the enlarged pore.

There is no pain, but I can definitely feel the rash, especially when I smile.

I've been to the dermatologist about the problem. He said he does not know what it is, so I'm on my own. I know that it's not severe, but it is distressing, I just want it to go away.

The dermatologist gave me Hydrocortisone Valerate (0.2% cream) to put on it. It doesn't seem to help much. I've also put Aloe on it, and Aquaphor. Nothing seems to work.

I've attached pictures here, I'd really appreciate any feedback or advise. I'll pass that kindness on.

Thank you

Take the Poll

• Not Sure
  • Seen it before
vote
View Poll Results

An_249329 responded:
I've read online that these may be Fordyce spots. Thoughts?

processing1221 responded:
I visited my dermatologist and he things I'm allergic to something. That is what he says is causing the redness. He gave me desonide ointment. So far the redness seems to be better.