Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Redness in Groin and Itching....
Atruguy posted:
Hi,

I am a 24 year old male. I am seeing redness only in my groin area where the parts of the area which is covered by my brief. I actually wear a brief and once when I am back after work or gym I experience itching and redness in my groin and the part of the skin where both my legs meet.

Is this because of my underwear? Should I consider wearing boxers? Please advice.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Atrugu,

There are a few reasons you may be getting this irritation:
-most commonly, it may be from the occlusion that the brief causes

-Alternatively, it may be a reaction to a dye or other component of the brief itself.

Start by trying cotton boxers (white if possible to eliminate dye allergies) and applying a small amount of petrolatum/ vaseline to the area to minimize friction.

Please keep us posted and I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology Roseville, Minnesota
~Old-Fashioned Quality Care with State-of-the-Art Flair.~
www.TareenDermatology.com

Atruguy replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
HI Mam,

BTW I have been using briefs all through my life. And I don't think its because of dye allergy.

I have attached a images of my condition please let me know your suggestions.

Kindly help me on this.

Atruguy replied to Atruguy's response:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wvi4o33ms7e32

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

WHAT DO U DO WHEN THE CHILDRENS SERVERE ECEMA
I HAVE TWO GRANDCHILDRENS WITH EXTREME ECZEMA. THE GIRL CRY &SCRATCH ,THE BOY IS A 8 MOS AND HE SCRATCH TILL HE BLEED I PUT THE CREAM ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful