Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Redness in Groin and Itching....
Atruguy posted:
Hi,

I am a 24 year old male. I am seeing redness only in my groin area where the parts of the area which is covered by my brief. I actually wear a brief and once when I am back after work or gym I experience itching and redness in my groin and the part of the skin where both my legs meet.

Is this because of my underwear? Should I consider wearing boxers? Please advice.

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Atrugu,

There are a few reasons you may be getting this irritation:
-most commonly, it may be from the occlusion that the brief causes

-Alternatively, it may be a reaction to a dye or other component of the brief itself.

Start by trying cotton boxers (white if possible to eliminate dye allergies) and applying a small amount of petrolatum/ vaseline to the area to minimize friction.

Please keep us posted and I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology Roseville, Minnesota
~Old-Fashioned Quality Care with State-of-the-Art Flair.~
www.TareenDermatology.com

Atruguy replied to Mohiba K Tareen, MD's response:
HI Mam,

BTW I have been using briefs all through my life. And I don't think its because of dye allergy.

I have attached a images of my condition please let me know your suggestions.

Kindly help me on this.

Atruguy replied to Atruguy's response:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wvi4o33ms7e32

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

I THINK I HAVE FOUND A CURE
PEOPLE READ MY RESPONSE CALLED "I HAVE FOUND A CURE" it is an actual description of how, not a link to some pay site it cured it for ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.