Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Itchy Hubby
Anon_21609 posted:
My husband, age 60, has very itchy skin. This has been a problem for years, but it got worse with age. He's fine when he's dressed, but when he takes his clothes off, he gets itchy around the waist, on his buttocks, around the area his socks were, etc... there is no redness, irritation, or rash of any kind, it just looks like skin. He will scratch it to the point he draws blood. He is on no medications, and is in good health. He blames it on "dry skin", but normal dry skin remedies like Aveeno oatmeal soap, lotions, etc seem to give him relief. Any idea what this might be?

jule1953 responded:
By the way, we have tried several laundry detergents, including some pricey hypoallergenic ones, and have even rinsed the daylights out of his laundry before drying it, and it didn't help at all, I don't think the problem is laundry detergent.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.