Skip to content
How to get rid of acne?
An_249648 posted:
How do I get rid of the acne? I'm 16 and have had acne for three years now and I get acne on my forehead, the sides of my face, chest, back, and shoulders. When I first started getting acne I never habitually washed my face and took care of my skin, and thought if I just waited and left the pimples alone they would go away, but they continued to become more and more. My forehead and the sides of my face used to be covered in lots of whiteheads, but since I started using Proactiv the pimples became more enflamed and more like cystic acne, and now whenever I apply moisturizer after I wash my face and apply toner my skin burns terribly. I just want to get rid of my acne, but I don't know what to try next and don't have money to waste on methods that won't work. Help?

anna141 responded:
look up acne home remedies on google. there is some good stuff out there. visit your dermatologist. drink lots of water. don't eat or drink things like soda and ice cream and chips.

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.