Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Eczema
An_249690 posted:
I was told by my Sister in Law that the Pediatrician will not prescribe any cream for her Grandson who is a one year old. He just started with the eczema. Red blotched dry skin. She says the Dr said not until it was raw and bleeding.. What kind of sense is that? Anything put on raw skin will burn like crazy. Anyone have information if this is true or not?

Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Excellent question- as dermatologists we believe PREVENTION and EARLY treatment of eczema is key. We never want it to get red and raw for the child- because then it is painful and may get infected (as you astutely pointed out).

Your s-i-l grandson may need to see a dermatologist.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology
www.TareenDermatology.com

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.