Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
red welts and icthing
tazibellterrier posted:
all so have this giant red patches that appear on different parts of my body, i have been to specialists ,,blood was take and exrays ,,,
hives was ruled out because of the length of the break out,
my eye has swollen shut,, my ear, my chin, my hands have swollen so bad i could not shut them ,,,,my torso has been covered with swollen all most blister like burns.....i have started taking pictures of the because when i get to the doctors the spots are not there,,,,this is embarassing
and very painful........ someone has to know what this is...
Mohiba K Tareen, MD responded:
Dear Tazibellterrier,

My heart goes out to you, I can truly sense your suffering.

There are a group of conditions known as auto-immune blistering skin diseases that can produce symptoms similar to the ones that you are describing.

They can successfully be treated and managed with immunosuppresant medications.

Your next step would be to consult with a dermatologist and have a small skin biopsy.

Please keep us updated.

I hope that helps
Dr. Mohiba Tareen
Tareen Dermatology, Roseville, Minn
Castle Connoly's America's Top Cosmetic Dermatologists
Adjunct Assistant Professor Univ of MN Dept of Dermatology

Featuring Experts

Mohiba K Tareen, MD is a board certified dermatologist who has an innovative practice in Roseville, Minnesota. Tareen Dermatology ( www.TareenDermato...More

Helpful Tips

Treatment for StingsExpert
Keep a container of meat tenderizer by the kitchen sink. If someone gets stung, make a quick paste by putting some of the meat tenderizer ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 7 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.